When do we do things simply for the sake of itself?
- Walking or running for the sheer pleasure of it?
- Hiking in the mountains to absorb the beauty and wisdom of nature?
- Coming alongside someone in need out of compassion – for no “return on investment”?
- Watching the sunset over water, or from your backyard simply to witness the conclusion of another gift?
- Conversing for the delight of truly hearing another human voice and heart?
- Taking time to savor the subtleties of flavor and texture of food?
- Running fingers through our pet’s fur, just because it feeds both human and animal?
Be in the moment.
Simply for the sake of itself.
Photo credit: Nick de Partee via http://www.unsplash.com